I had the privilege of being asked back to Creative Live to teach a couple of new programs – and suddenly it’s going to be next week!
Want to join us there, for free?
The first course is called Building Your Portrait Business, and it will be live streamed on Monday, November 6th and Tuesday, November 7th, 2017 from 9am-4pm PST. If you can’t make it out to the live audience, you can check it out streaming live for free the day of the event anywhere in the world here as well as purchase the course to watch at your leisure with the special pre-order on-demand price!
In this first 2-day course you’ll learn how to turn your photography hobby into a career or upgrade your existing business. I’ll cover the basics of not just developing a simple business plan but also an essential walkthrough in how significant it is that your business fit into your lifestyle – and not the other way around.
- Social media and online marketing techniques
- How to max your productivity
- How to set your business structure with considerations for legal, insurance and taxes
- How to understand and manage finances and sales
- Steps for building your own studio from scratch
- How to tackle the most common issues that business owners face when doing work they love
The second course on Wednesday, November 8th is about Capturing Authentic Children’s Portraits. We hope to see you there! You can apply for the live audience here. Or if you’d like to watch from afar live for free or on-demand for the special pre-order price, here’s the link for that.
This course is about natural posing and direction for children’s portraits.
I will walk through how to quickly identify the characteristics of a child and the posing techniques and direction that can lead to a fun session with great results. We’ll cover:
- The six basic personalities that children may show up to a photo shoot with
- Tips for photographing the children who don’t want to be there
- Gear and accessory considerations for family shoots
- How to build to a natural pose
- How to overcome the most challenging aspects of photographing children authentically
Plus! I’ll be thrown a few curveballs, doing live photo shoots of children with no introductions to showcase interaction, posing, lighting and capturing authentic expression real time.
We hope to see you in our live audience next week. The experience truly is fun and exciting and I would love to meet you!